Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Time For Another Menu!

For this weeks menu, I used several of the meals from last week. We had such a crazy week, that there were nights that I just "made do"! I'm so glad it's a new week! So ladies, here it is and again it is simple, but that's what works at our home!

1. Homemade Shake and Bake Chicken Strips, Roasted Potatoes, Spinach Salad and Fruit
2. Delicious Italian Casserole (You can find the recipe over at www.TheFamilyHomestead.com )
3. Creamy Italian Sausage (You can find this recipe over at www.Frugalhomeliving.blogspot.com )
4. Grilled Steaks, Baked Potatoes, Fruit Salad
5. Mexjita Chicken and Fresh Tortillas, and Avocados (Again nabbed another recipe from Frugal Home Living!)
6. Cincinatti Chili over Spaghetti with Onions and Cheese
7. Easter Dinner- I'm making Ham and everyone else is bringing the goodies!

I made the Creamy Italian Sausage last night with some changes. I used fat free half and half. The first time I made the sauce, the flame was too high and I curdled the cream! I washed everything off and tried again. This time, it didn't seem to get thick, so I added some water with corn starch in it. It thickened up nicely. I also made the mistake of "dumping" some Italian seasoning in it and accidently DUMPED waaay to much in! Oh well, it was still good, but next time, I'm sure it will be better!

As you can see, I love to get new recipes and put my own twist on them, sometimes it works and others.....well not so great!

Ya'll have another great week of cooking. Don't forget to go over to Bluebell Country and link up with her Tuesday Supper. It's going to be so much fun. I'll post recipes and pictures of my dinner tomorrow.

Hilltop Blessings!
Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment