Sunday, March 14, 2010

Ahh, the end of a tough weekend!

This was one of those weekends that quite frankly, it would have be more pleasurable to just skip it and move onto Monday! My husbands' back gave him a fit, my middle son earned the title of "first one to get stitches", and the littlest came down with pink eye! During the whole bloody episode with my middle man, our youngest ran through the house screaming "Is he going to die?"!

Okay, how do I get the happy heart in the middle of the muck? How do I not walk in fear that some freak infection is going to seriously harm our son? How do I not become a hypochondriac and think that every time my eyes water , I'm going to look into the mirror and see spooky red eyes staring back at me? How do I calm the little guy who has suddenly become fearful of everyone dying?

Ahh! God's word is a healing balm and just resting my eyes on it is like healing salve! Thank you Lord. You alone I can run to and find rest! You alone know our days. You alone love us and calm us!

Philippians 4:7-8 (amplified)
"And God's peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. For the rest, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is worthy of reverence and is honorable and seemly , whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely and lovable, whatever is kind and winsome and gracious, if there is any virtue and excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think on and weigh and take account of these things [fix your minds on them]. "

So that's how I do it. I change the thoughts that are trying to race through my mind! I literally arrest them! God has peace for me and I can't calm those around me if I'm going to be a wringing hand ninny!

There were many good things to think on today. We had a beautiful sunny day. My chickens have really started giving me eggs. Our baby chickens have begun to look like little teenage chickens. I love watching them learn their pecking order! It's quite amusing.

Thank ya'll so much for your encouraging words. I'll try to figure more of this whole blogging deal out.
Blessings and Happy Thoughts,
Sheri

1 comment:

  1. So sorry your weekend was not so great! I am praying that the week ahead is much better!

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete