Monday, March 29, 2010

Ever Feel Like The Smallest Egg In The Basket?


As a woman, wife, mother, homeschooler, etc. I have often been tempted to compare myself with others. Of course whatever it is, I'm always either the worst or the best! I know....it's a terrible confession. The temptation is always there, because we work so hard at doing whatever it is that is near and dear to our hearts.

There have been seasons that whatever it is that I'm doing that I want everyone around me doing this wonderful thing....Oh if they would only do "it" they would be as blessed as I am! Of course there is also the flip side....

If only I could homeschool like....or I wish my home was like...... Please tell me I'm not the only heathen woman out there who has felt this way! I can get so stuck in the muck when I start comparing my station with another sister in Christ. Lets don't even get started comparing our parenting styles!

2 Corinthians 10:12-18
"We do not dare to classify or compare ourselves with some who commend themselves. When they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are not wise. We, however, will not boast beyond proper limits, but will continue our boasting to the field God has assigned to us.....For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends."

I don't want to be found "not wise"! I know that for me, the best thing I can do is to start thanking God for all He has done for me! He is my provider and positions me to be exactly where He wants me! What better place is there?

If I'm the smallest egg or the biggest egg in the basket, it's my perfect spot in the basket! I just loved looking at that little egg and thinking that God purposed for me to see it! Truly, He uses all things to teach us!

I pray that you have a wonderful day and enjoy your place in God's basket today! He is gathering us and using us as He will today! May we all be used for His glory and His purposes. Let us build our fellow sisters, mothers, teachers up in the Lord today! Grace and peace to you!

Hilltop Blessings,
Sheri

1 comment:

  1. I thought of you at my Ester Study on Monday night. Same theme.

    ReplyDelete