Sunday, March 21, 2010

Snow on the First and Second Days of Spring...In Texas!


This is what we woke up to this morning. There has been over twenty inches of snow in Mckinney this year. Never before, have I seen this much snow in one winter. I must say, I don't care to repeat it! It's beautiful, but it's so cold!


The boys enjoyed it, but we are all ready to go back to warmer temperatures! We don't have the proper clothing, and we look a bit mismatched! Rarely do we use heavy winter coats. I'm sure we have some, but they seem so cumbersome! I layered the boys in fleece jammies, turtle necked shirts, and whatever else we could comfortably layer. Our biggest problem has been how to keep our hands warm. After our leather work gloves became soaked, we tried some other ways to keep our hands dry. We found our mismatched gloves and then used blue examining gloves to keep our hands warm. We did look a bit strange, but we were dry!


I was hoping to find something blooming in the snow and I was not disappointed. I found a whole mound full of these little grape hyacinth's. They faithfully usher in Spring each year. I like how they persevere through the harsh elements.




Jonathan (7) was determined to build a "snow house". He worked and worked, but there continued to be cracks in his foundation, as well as the roof. He finally decided that he should just come in to a home with lots of heat and a warm bath! It was jammies the rest of the day for everyone! I didn't want to have any more laundry than we already had from our snow play!

This morning when I looked out at the snow, I was just amazed. We were expecting about one inch. We received eight! The snow is beautiful. It covers so much of the ugly! It can even make dead trees and brush look like a piece of art. I think that's what the Lord intended to show us.

"Come now, and let us reason together, says the Lord. Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow;..." Isaiah 1:18

Truly, God can take the worst of people or situations, and refine them in to rare gems for His glory. I'm so glad I could see the snow one more time. I'm going to start praying for some "ugly" circumstances and pray for the Lord to make them white as snow. When sunlight hits snow, it makes it sparkle like diamonds! His ways are perfect!

Hilltop Blessings to you all!
Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment