Saturday, August 6, 2011

Could We Have A Little Fun Here?

Proverbs 17:22

New International Version (NIV)
 22 A cheerful heart is good medicine,
   but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

Looking back over my 2011 blog posts has made me realize something is MISSING!  Fun, Laughter, Joy.  It's been a tough year, but sheesh, it's time for some fun!

If  I could, I would try to make my life look just absolutely amazing.  Or if not amazing, well then maybe at least put together and if not put together, well then maybe whimsical.  But my life is  a lot of real living and loving.  Here on the hilltop, I'm trying to get organized for school that's fast approaching. 

The only way I know how to get organized is to go through things and put them in piles.  That I can do....it's the rest.  It's the figuring out what to get rid of and HOW to put everything back.  My dear husband is a bit afraid when I start one of these projects.  He is happy that I've started....but fearful to ask if I plan on finishing!  Things might fly if he doesn't ask in just the right way and the earth is tilted properly.  (know what I mean?)  However, he is very willing to help...but then, I don't know how to have him help me, after all I've got these piles.  Surely, I can do this!

Since I posted yesterday, about letting the Holy Spirit speak to others instead of me speaking to them, I decided I should apply this to him too.  It's so refreshing to not have to totally blow up when he asks me if I plan on finishing something today!  In fact I've almost finished TWO somethings today. 

Actually it was fun.  It was fun to get some things accomplished.  It was fun to see that a day that started a little shaky, turned into a day well spent.  It was a busy day, that wasn't too busy for some popcorn, pizza and a movie.  The enemy is always trying to get us sidetracked on the yuck of our lives, but God is bigger and shows us how much He loves us and how faithful He is!  We had fun.

This year so far has not been all fun.  But joy has come in and healed a worried, fearful heart.  I can smile at the day.  I don't lay my head down every night and instantly have a panic attack. (not fun!) God's word has come alive and showed me that when all else is seemingly falling apart, His word isn't!  There's joy in that.  That brings a real smile! 

I think living in this world brings all kinds of circumstances and serves them up real big on our plates. Most of them are like eating your peas.  Not so good, but you can bear it.  Others are like liver.  Not many want to eat liver.  But sometimes you just have to endure that too.  We've had some liver this year, but it wasn't as bad as my mind was telling me it was going to be! 

I pray that whatever is on your plate these days, you would see your Heavenly Father helping; you through.  He is good and He brings good things to His children.

Hilltop Blessings,
Sheri


1 comment:

  1. It's so easy to get caught up in the necessary that we can often forget to take time to make memories in the little moments. To eat ice cream for dinner or have an impromptu water fight...those things they will remember long after they're gone...and so will we.

    ReplyDelete