Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Encouragement!

As I'm pressing on in the battle over a lifetime of obesity, I read so much about other fighters and how they have won this battle over the flesh.  It is such an encouragement to me to see that yes it really can happen.  It doesn't happen overnight and everyone has a different story.  I saw this blog tonight and I saw this precious lady bare her soul to all of us and I was so incredibly humbled.  Here is her story in video



You can find this precious girl and her blog at: www.300pounds.com.  It is certainly worth a trip over to her blog for incredible encouragement!

This gives me the oompf to not give in right now.  To say no to the temptations that call out to me.  I will say that with Trim Healthy Mama, I'm not hungry.  I just have to choose well and not give in! Tonight was a really yummy dinner.  I had the pulled pork fajita meat in two carb balance tortilla's with purple onion and dry slaw mix sprinkled in.  I did have about a tablespoon of bbq sauce to give it flavor.  I know that's not on plan, but it made my dinner yummy and I certainly am not going to gain weight on a tablespoon of sauce!  I'm making this real.  If I'm going to win this victory, it has to be real.  It has to be for life.

Philippians 3:12

New International Version (NIV)
12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.


I have to keep pressing on to the goal!  I learned a long time ago that press means to go forward with determined and energetic effort without ceasing!  Gotta get there!

Blessings from the Hilltop!
Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment