Friday, May 20, 2011

Hello From Down Under!

No Time For Rocking The Days Away Here!



Have you ever been to "Down Under"?  It's been way down here.  We've been trying to finish school, get the flower beds done, garden done, chicks hatched without snakes eating them first and just the daylight and dishes of life!

I find that during the Winter, I can keep on top of my daily chores and activities, but during the Spring, I'm outside so much that I don't realize that it's time to start dinner and then we eat much later and then the children go to bed later and I'm still "doing" MUCH LATER.  That's all fine and good except, I get up earlier, because the sun comes up earlier!

Since there are so many wonderful "things" to do, I've begun to gauge our activities by distance.  If it's far, we might go, but will do errands on the way home, otherwise, I'm trying to stay home as much as possible!  I was so excited to get in the van this morning and see that I had only driven 30.8 miles since Sunday!  Today is Friday!  I'm doing the happy dance!

Living out here on a bit of land is always a bit of a learning curve for me.  I didn't grow up with critters, but I did read the Little House books over and over!  Needless to say Laura didn't tell me about sick raccoons!  Yesterday I was wishing that I knew how to shoot a gun.  The neighbor came over and took care of business!

Well friends, I leave you this:

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 
I Corinthians 10:31


It's so easy to get caught up in the business of life and forget everything we are doing is for "The Glory of God"! 

Hilltop Blessings,
Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment