Monday, February 3, 2014

Trim Healthy Mama Family Menu Plan

This week I'm trying to make my menu based on what I have in my pantry.  I still have to go to the store, but it's not a full out grocery list.  It's just the milk, eggs, cheese and frozen strawberries list! So here it goes:

Breakfasts: Oatmeal with apples (times 3)
                   pancakes, sausage, eggs and toast for kids
                   cinnamon muffins for kids, lemon MIM for me
                   sausage breakfast bake

Lunch: (Don't you just wish lunch could go away?!)
             burritos with cheese and apples (times 3)
             grilled cheese or pbj (times 3)
             tacos

Dinner: Sausage Soup with homemade rolls, Shredded Pork Fajitas with onions and peppers,
            Oven baked burger w/bacon and cheese, roasted potatoes (for hubby and kids) salad for me,
            spaghetti and meat sauce, rolls and salad, Homemade pizza, Fooled Ya Pizza for me (page 276                     in the THM book),  chicken with broccoli and salad and crock-pot taco soup.

I try to fix the same thing for the family and make minor adjustments for me.  If I make pancakes, I make myself THM pancakes.  If I'm making muffins, I make enough for snacks later in the day for the kids and then MIM (muffin in a mug) for myself.  Simplification is my word this year.  So my meals have to fall in line!  That means If the kids are eating a sandwich, I'm going to have a form of one too.  I will use sprouted grain with turkey or chicken.  This week, I'm really trying to make sure I'm getting plenty of E meals!  When we eat tacos, I use the Carb Balance tortillas.  I love those! Many of my meals are throw together or what I've gleaned off of Pinterest.  Be patient with me while I learn to link my recipes.  If you see something and wonder about the recipe feel free to ask!

This week the meals I'm trying off of Pinterest are: http://www.auntbeesrecipes.com/2014/01/low-carb-jalapeno-popper-chicken.html , http://sherigraham.com/trim-healthy-mama-5-yummy-fuel-pull-cakes  I'm not sure if this is the way to do this, but I'll figure it out.  I love the lemon MIM.  I usually top it with frozen blueberries that I have heated and added a bit of sweetener.  I also like to add chia seeds to this.

The way I make Sausage Soup: I use a box of chicken or beef stock, whatever sausage I have, like turkey smoked sausage or today I'm using an organic chicken, spinach and asiago cheese one.  Slice up what your family would eat.  This is the time that I use less meat, because it's a meal accent.  I add a large Aldi can of crushed tomatoes, a can of water, a can of white beans, seasonings like salt and pepper.  Before I add any of the ingredients I saute an onion and several cloves of fresh garlic then throw in the sausage.  After that is cooked I add the other ingredients and simmer all day or an hour, whatever I have time for.  About 15 minutes before we eat, I throw in several large handfuls of spinach.  I also add some red pepper flakes.  It gives it a little kick.

To fill up hollow legs and tummies, I will round out meals with lots of bread for the family.  Today I'm making dinner rolls, and bread.  That will help be a cheap filler! Later I will post about snacks.  Happy cooking!

Hilltop Blessings,
Sheri
PSALM 34:8
New International Version (NIV)
"Taste and see that the Lord is good;
    blessed is the one who takes refuge in him."


No comments:

Post a Comment